Santa is coming!! It's that time of year again! Are you ready!!? It’s Utah’s largest Pub Crawl back and ready to rock the streets of Salt Lake City! So dust off those boots, unfold that Santa suit and let's get jolly! It’s time to unite all of Utah’s Santa’s, Elves, Ms/Mrs Claus, Fuzzy Reindeer, and outrageous Christmas characters we know you’ve been saving just for this occasion!! SantaCon SLC is an annual Fundraiser for Toys 4 Tots, and one of the biggest and best holiday parties in Utah.
If you don’t want to walk around, you’re welcome to stay at SKY and partake in the Reindeer Games. Want to Compete? Enter in! (Contests include-The Snowball Toss, Christmas Tree Challenge, Chimney Chug, … Winner will receive the “Coveted Reindeer Cup”.
Don't forget to like us at: https://www.facebook.com/RedLotusEntertainmentPubCrawls/
For all future events and Crawls! ARE YOU READY!!??
SECRET SANTA AFTER PARTY info coming soon.
How to Crawl:
1. Get your friends and fellow Xmas characters together. Whos coming with ya?
2. Purchase a $5 wristband @ https://red-lotus.ticketleap.com/santcon-slc-2018/
3. Bring an unopened toy to Santacon HQ (SKY SLC) to donate to Toys for Tots!
4. Choose a Route: A…
5. Get your Santacon map, credentials, and crawl your Snowballs off.
6. Laugh Dance, Party, Play and Drink Responsibly.
7. Return to Santacon HQ for prizes, performances and an amazing dance party!!! HO HO HO.
Bar Line-Up and Routes: Coming Soon
Sponsor Bars: Coming Soon
1. SKY SLC
2. Lake Effect
3. Green Pig
5. Charka Lounge
6. Wasted Space
7. Good Grammer
8. Johnny's on 2nd
9. Bourbon House
10. Murphy's Bar
11. Cheers to You
12. SKY SLC
What is Santacon?
Santacon is a non-denominational, non-commercial, and non-political Santa Clause convention that occurs once a year for absolutely no reason...Except that it’s quite possibly your only chance to spread holiday cheer in the most magical and absurd way possible!!
What isn't Santacon?
Please don't refer to Santacon as a bar crawl… It's Santacon!! It includes so much more than simply walking from one bar to another. Wouldn’t you agree?
Do I have to dress as Santa?
Santa only gets jolly with those in full, head-to-toe costume.
Just wearing a Santa hat doesn’t cut it. YES WE WANT YOU TO DRESS UP!! COME ON FOLKS! Tis the season right!
Can I be something instead of Santa?
Ho-ho-hell yes. Santa loves creativity!!
Be an Elf, Present, Ms. Clause, Snow Man\Woman, Reindeer, Grinch, a Tree! Anything that gets your Christmas spirit flowing!!!
Who's in charge of SantaCon?
S.W.A.T.!! SANTA’S WINTER ACTIVITY TEAM, duh. SWAT will be the one dressed in the Santa Tactical Gear. They won’t be hard to miss. Want to join SWAT. Email [email protected]
What can I do to prepare?
Make a costume.
Read stories from Santacon for ideas and inspiration.
Follow Santa's twitter.
Refresh your memory on some Christmas Carols. Then come up with dirty versions.
Get a good night’s sleep and eat a big breakfast.
Know your limits and pace yourself. If you plan to drink, please do so responsibly.
Plan to keep an eye on your friends and fellow Santa! Take care of one another!
DON'T BE AN ASSHAT (it's Christmas for heaven’s sake.)
Guidelines * IMPORTANT *
The following guidelines are to help you and everyone enjoy SantaCon. They are not rules. SantaCon has no rules except that you must dress like Santa but if you take heed of the friendly advice below it will help keep you safe, warm and on Santa's Nice list.
1. For the purpose of SantaCon, "Christmas" is the name of a popular secular holiday and has no religious connotations (much like the word "holiday"). This doesn't mean we don't respect religious views. It simply means that taking part in SantaCon doesn't imply you support any particular religion or doctrine. It's just silly fun.
2. Dress up! A Santa hat alone is not enough. You don't have to dress exactly like Santa but the theme is red. That having been said, unusual interpretations of Santa-ness are often appreciated and Christmas trees, elves, reindeer themes etc. are all good.
3. Have fun.
4. Don't get FUBARed.
5. Address your fellow Santa as "Santa."
6. Watch out for elves. Elves work hard for Santa all year and especially hard during the holiday season. Santa loves his elves except when they show up to his red-themed event dressed in green. Traditionally, elves are abused at SantaCon.
7. Not all these guidelines should be taken seriously.
8. Some of these guidelines should be taken very seriously. If you can't work out which ones they are then you are not intelligent enough to take part in SantaCon.
9. Don't get drunk in public. Being drunk &/or disorderly in public will tarnish Santa's reputation. One bad Santa can ruin things for an entire location because we're all dressed the same, duh. Also, it's an offense and will get you arrested. Remember that there is no "bail fund" for incarcerated Santas and if you cross the line you'll be on your own. Don't be that Santa.
10. If you do get drunk in public, you should get into a fight with other Santas, get arrested as quickly as possible (before anyone gets hurt), be carted away in handcuffs and have the whole thing recorded on video for the evening news and Youtube.
11. Santa does not make children cry. Does this really need to be said? Seriously, if you see kids, don't do anything to freak them out. Give them a nice smile and possibly a gift of some kind...
12. Optionally, bring gifts: Nice things to give children; nice or naughty things for adults.
13. Do not throw your gifts at anyone, especially if those gifts are raw Brussels sprouts.
14. Santa dresses for all occasions. If it's cold outside, wear multiple costume layers. Dress to maximize merriment whether singing carols in the snow, or swinging from a stripper pole in a hot nightclub.
15. Santa doesn't whine! Some Santacons are supremely well organized and others fall apart within the first 5 minutes. Some involve a lot of walking. Sometimes Santa is turned away. It's all good fun if you choose to have a positive attitude.
16. Santa does not mess with security. This includes the police. Security staff is there to ensure everyone's safety - it's an important & necessary job. Most venues welcome Santa but some security staff will see you as a potentially dangerous mob wearing disguises (which, let's face it, is probably true). If you are turned away, don't argue - just move on to somewhere Santa is more welcome and can have fun.
17. Make sure you always tip the good people who are serving you. We want to be able to do this again new year so be polite and cultivate the goodwill of the local community.
18. Please pay for your refreshments as you go. Santa gets tired of waiting on other Santa’s to clear their tab before being able to move on. Ideally, this entire adventure should be cash only.
19. No Santa left behind! Don't think only of yourself - Santa cares about his fellow Santas. Pick a few people you know and keep an eye out for them especially when it's time to move to another venue. If you don't see them, speak up so other Santas know to wait a moment. Every Santa should have at least 2-3 other Santas they look out for and 2-3 that look out for them in turn.
20. Stay with the group. It's not just a case of "the more, the merrier" - Santa is safer with large numbers of fellow Santas and what one Santa can't achieve (or get away with) is a possibility for a posse.
21. Santa doesn't drink & drive. If you're going to drink you must make sure that you can get safely home without driving yourself. Check public transport, carpool with a designated sober driver, make arrangements to sleep over at someone's place etc. Organizers sometimes try to coordinate transportation for Santa - check the event details to find out if this is being done in your area.
22. Santa doesn't talk to the press. Even "ho, ho, ho" is controversial these days. Seriously, no-one speaks for Santa - not you, not me, not even Santa. You can express your opinion but, since you're dressed like Santa, the media might treat it as Santa's opinion.
23. Read these guidelines one more time.
24. If you have reached this rule, it means you didn't get locked into a loop reading the guidelines over and over again as per the previous rule. You are therefore probably intelligent enough to take part in SantaCon!
25. Have a very merry Christmas!
Produced by S.W.A.T., Red Lotus Entertainment and Budweiser SLC